So as most of you know my little brother Jordan accepted a call to serve in the Washington DC South mission a few weeks ago. I am so excited for him! He will be an amazing missionary and we are all so proud. He has a great personality and can get along with everyone. He keeps us laughing with his nicknames for everyone and his funny sayings.
At the same time I am sad to see him go. I have such mixed emotions right now. I know it will be so good for him and he will do an awesome job. But my big sister instincts kick in and I want to go and 'beat up all the kids that are mean to him.' Sounds crazy I know but we will really miss him. My kids love him so much. Everyday when I take the kids to my mom's house (my sister that lives there is their nanny,) we get out of the car and Kason is yelling "Jo Jo." He absolutely loves him. He will walk over to his picture at our house and yell for him too. Jordan is so good with them too and always makes them laugh. So we are so sad/happy that he is going. I know that the everyone there will take care of him and the Lord will watch over him. So good luck Jord, we love you and will miss you.
Oh and for everyone who has asked, he speaks at 11:00 on February 8th in the new Providence church. If you need the address you can call my mom.



7 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to be the protective older sister :) The thing that is funny is who am I going to scare away?!?! Haha!
I can't believe that Jordan is old enough to go on a mission! I haven't seen him for so long. He is looking good. He'll be a great missionary.
This brings back so many memories of when my baby brother - also Jord - went on his mission. He's back now - but it seemed like the last 6 months was FOREVER! But they come home as remarkable men.
Thats awesome! Good for him :)
You have such a cute family Angie. Both of my sisters went on missions and it is such a sweet/sad time! He sounds like he's going to be a awesome missionary! Best of luck to him!
PS, for some reason I cannot add your name to my list of blogs on my blog. I've tried about three times and it keeps telling me there is no url for this address. Wierd! I will keep trying!
I wish my kids hadn't been sick so that I could have gone...Shawn said Jordan did a great job and that it was fun seeing all the cousins! We love you guys!
Post a Comment