Tuesday morning came and we waited and waited to see our baby! Seemed like forever to wait until nine to see her and know how the transfusion went. We went in and hurried to her bedside. She looked so good! I felt a wave of peace as we walked in. Just seeing her calms me so much. Her presence is amazing. We asked the doctors how her night went with the transfusion. They were surprised and said that she didn't need it!! Wahoo. Some good news in all of this. They said she was producing enough red blood cells on her own and thought that if she stayed under the lights that she could do it without the transfusion, although down the road she may need one. Depending on if she produces enough and continues to on her own.
Thursday we finally got to hold her for the first time. It was amazing to just hold her in my arms rather than just touch her hand or face. My arms literally ache to hold her. We go twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening to see her. But it is hard to not have to do all of the things that a normal mom does. I long to just change her diaper or even to get her dressed and bathed in the morning. Such simple things. It is hard to see all of the babies going home from the hospital and wonder when it will be our turn. You envy those parents with their babies all dressed and in their carseat and hope that one day soon it will be you!
So this is how the last few days have went. They put her on the lights then take her off to see if she can maintain on her own. Today (Friday) the doctors were very positive. They said she is maintaining and only half of the lights are on. Other than her Bili levels everything else is looking good. Her heart is strong and healthy and she has no other problems! Avree and Kason finally got to see her through the window today! They got to watch me feed her and see what she looked like without her glasses on! They absolutely loved it.
We love you sweet baby! You are the light of our lives. We can't wait to have you home all of the time!!
Izzy's 2
13 years ago



8 comments:
What a beautiful baby! Love the picture of you holding her. Can't wait to see a family picture of the 5 of you! Sending more prayers that she continues to produce more red blood cells, no blood transfusion will be needed, and that the doctors send her home SOON! Xoxo, Laura
She is adorable Ang!!!
Such sweet pictures! She is absolutely beautiful! I bet Avree and Kason are just dying to snuggle her! I hope they get to soon! Thinking about you lots! :)
as I look at these pictures I fel like I did when I saw Hinklee, peace and joy and recognition. Also many warm tears run down my face and gather on my chest. As her grandma I feel that we have been friends before this life, and we both knew that things down here were not going to be easy.Even though I cant hold her and love her, I still feel a familar spirit from so far away. What a great journey we are all about to go on, the ups and downs will be many, you are strong and worthy parents, how I love you.
She is precious!!! I hope she comes home soon.
I can't help but cry when I see you holding her Angie. I know that feeling of having your arms literally ache to have them in it! What a blessing! She is just so dang cute I can't stand it. It's killing me to not be able to hold her :) Soon though :) She better like her aunt Krista and want to come and sleep over at my house like the other two. She, Haddie and Kynlee will be such great buddies. I'm afraid Haddie will sit her and Kynlee down in grandma's shop and cut both of their hair! Yikes! I, too, sense her peaceful spirit just through the pictures. What an amazing experience this will truly be. Can't wait! Love you lots!
She is beautiful!! I love that she brings such peace to you that is amazing, definitely a special gift from God! Praying for you guys that you'll be able to take her home soon and that she continues to do good! Thanks for sharing your beautiful story with us!
I'm so sorry with the struggles you've been through. What a blessing this baby girl is to your family. I hope she gets healthy soon, and you can bring her home. She is beautiful.
Post a Comment